21 Jun 2010

Audioslave and Black Jack

I have many favourite bands but if I have to choose one I guess it’s Audioslave. They are a band from London in England, they play soft rock and have their own style.

Their inspiration sources are mostly old goodies like Van Halen, Thin Lizzy and the 80s. Audioslave is world famous and tour all over the world. They have been to Sweden once. My favourite song with the band is “Be Yourself”, I think. The first time I heard them was in a CD-store in Gothenburg and I just felt that “this is good!”

The band sounds a lot like a Swedish band called Takida, at least the vocals in each group are mostly the same.

That was my favourite band and here comes my favourite artist. There are so many great artists in this world but my favourite one is… I actually think it is Black Jack. He is a great singer! Many people know him from his band Tenacious D or for the fact that he is an actor in American movies. He’s pretty big but that doesn’t bother him. It is something that I really like about him. His voice is extremely raw and also light as a feather. He makes singing and rocking fun. These days music has to be so sad and rough, for example metal, but he makes it funny and awesome to look at and listen to. He’s just an exceptional singer.

No comments: