18 Jun 2010

Football

One of my favourite sports is football, I think it’s my favourite actually. I started playing for IFK Valla when I was about six or seven years old. When I was little I played forward. Then I changed to defence. Last winter I switched team from Valla to Stenungsunds IF. The first two-three months didn’t go that well. It was when I grew in length and my body didn’t listen to me. It got better when I gained weight but that year I felt that I didn’t go up to my standards. This year a lot has changed. I am in the right weight for my length and I feel stronger than last year. It was hard to get where I am now but I never gave up and kept on fighting, so now it’s going very well.

Right now in SIF we train about five times a week including matches. It’s tough but if you like it it’s nothing. My team is called the Under-16 team but I train with Under-18 sometimes and I have played a match with them once. It’s tough because it’s such a high tempo, but you learn to deliver the ball quicker and not to take dumb risks.

I mostly play as libero but I sometimes play defence centerfield. That’s what I like the most.

Today after the school I’m going training and on Thursday, Friday and Sunday we have matches. I think I’m going to play all of them. My number is 8, like Zlatan had in Inter Milan. My favourite team is Barcelona, I like them because they play very funny football to watch. My favourite player is Yoann Gourcuff. He plays for Bordeaux in the Ligue I in France. Bordeaux is also one of my favourite teams. They came to the quarterfinals in the Champions League, which is a huge success for them.

No comments: