21 Jun 2010

Boardsports


My favourite sport right now is kitesurfing. It’s like snowboarding on the water and to move you need a kite in the air. It moves you forward over the water. I was in Denmark last weekend with my friend and his big brother. He taught us to kite. I’m not so good at it but I have learned body dragging. It’s what you do before you get up on the board. There are many lines and you must have control over them so you get the kite up in the air. It’s very difficult to do.

I also like snowboarding and skateboarding. I was in Livigno in the Italian Alps snowboarding with my friends and my family. Most of all I like downhill but jumping is funny too. In the Alps the mountains are so big that if you go and take the lift to the tops in the morning, you’ll be done when you’re down again. You never have to go down the same way and that’s what I like the most about Livigno. I have tried many other places to ski, like Trysil, Åre, Sälen, Norfjället, but nothing is like Livigno.

When I was a little kid I loved to skate, in ramps almost always, but also halfpipe and rails. I was very good at it, but my knees would hurt if I did it anymore.

Longboard is also funny but not like skateboard or snowboard or kitesurfing. I don’t know why I fell in love with boardsports. Maybe it’s the danger I like…

No comments: